Hey familia! I am so happy to share with you some of my training from earlier in the month. Hector and I just started working on some training together and I know you will not only find lots of value from the lessons but also get a chance to have a more inside view of who we are.
You may even get some good laughs, after all when you get two Latino ADHD peeps together to train in Kung Fu… Funny things are bound to happen!
While this part doesn’t have a lot of action like some that will follow, it does have some important tid bits throughout.
Have you worked on push hands yet? It’s a great sensitivity and pressure drill if you have a partner to work with. It also helps you learn to be even in your energy projection on both sides and learn to move with your whole body vs. being disconnected.
Here is part 1 of this new series with us working on basic push hands:
Internal martial arts tends to make you realize all kinds of interesting things about yourself. Like you realize you don’t know how to move properly at all and that you are way more stiff than you could have ever imagined!
What are some Kung Fu revelations you have noticed on your Kung Fu journey? If you have done push hands before or currently, did this video help you realize something you were doing incorrectly? Share with me in the comments below. 🙂
Training Tip: Make sure when you are pushing forward you go to a 70/30 stance, then when going back you will go to a 90/10 stance. This is a guide so you know how far to push out and the max to go back before turning your wrist.
More to come next week…
Blessings and happy training,
& The Enter Shaolin Family
- Enter Shaolin Update | Camping, Seminar Registration + Review - July 14, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Pursuit of Happiness and Healing Through Kung Fu - July 7, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Creating Your Own Independence, Webinar Replay and Chum Kiu - June 30, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Intermittent Fasting and Weight Loss Tips from Dr. Marlon Twyman, Webinar Replay Plus Developing Your Punch - June 16, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | The Importance of Attending Seminars, Webinar Replay and Chi Sao Tips - June 9, 2017