Kung fu has been around for literally thousands of years. To think that because MMA is what is popular in media today, that it’s going to cause Kung fu to disappear or any other martial art for that matter simply won’t happen.
Mixed Martial Arts is simply a natural progression for anyone that takes their martial arts journey seriously. Wing Chun , Hung Gar, Tai Chi, Shaolin animals, Wushu, Sanshou, Mantis, Chin Na and many more styles that make up the Kung fu systems have followings all over the world.
It’s not uncommon to come across people who cross train in Kung Fu and Karate or Krav Maga, Jujitsu etc….
Here at Enter Shaolin we don’t believe that style matters. What we do believe is that the energy behind the techniques is what is important to understand. It’s these energy principles that transcends “style”. If you understand how the energy works with the body then you can make no style as your style.
What do you think?
Will MMA cause kung fu to go the way of the Dodo Bird?
KUNG FU WEBINARS
Got questions about Enter Shaolin, Kung Fu training or health & wellness? We got answers! Join us online Tuesday at 9pm & Friday at 11am EST.
- Abbot Request | How To Deal With Hard Downward Pressure - February 23, 2018
- Should I Learn Hung Gar A Good Kung Fu? - February 22, 2018
- How To Defend Against A High Kick - February 20, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | More Kung Fu Book Recommendations + Tai Chi Seminar Registration - February 17, 2018
- Did Bruce Lee Complete His Wing Chun Training? - February 13, 2018