Kung fu has been around for literally thousands of years. To think that because MMA is what is popular in media today, that it’s going to cause Kung fu to disappear or any other martial art for that matter simply won’t happen.
Mixed Martial Arts is simply a natural progression for anyone that takes their martial arts journey seriously. Wing Chun , Hung Gar, Tai Chi, Shaolin animals, Wushu, Sanshou, Mantis, Chin Na and many more styles that make up the Kung fu systems have followings all over the world.
It’s not uncommon to come across people who cross train in Kung Fu and Karate or Krav Maga, Jujitsu etc….
Here at Enter Shaolin we don’t believe that style matters. What we do believe is that the energy behind the techniques is what is important to understand. It’s these energy principles that transcends “style”. If you understand how the energy works with the body then you can make no style as your style.
KUNG FU WEBINARS
Got questions about Enter Shaolin, Kung Fu training or health & wellness? We got answers! Join us online Tuesday at 9pm & Friday at 11am EST.
What do you think?
Will MMA cause kung fu to go the way of the Dodo Bird?
- Abbot Member Marlon’s Training Critique | First Tai Chi Critique - May 18, 2018
- 3 Tips To Never Lose A Fight & How To Pick The Right Online Kung Fu School - April 27, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Seminar | Baltimore MD Seminar 2018 - April 20, 2018
- Abbot Request | How To Create Drive And Torque Together - April 11, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Taking Baby Steps - April 6, 2018