When you decide to start training in Wing Chun one of the most affordable training tools to get your hands on is a Wing Chun ring for training also known as a rattan ring which is made out of rattan wood. You can use the rattan ring or a steel one, which ever works best for you. One isn’t really better than the other, it’s a matter of your personal taste.
Also you might notice these rings are used in several different martial art styles obviously Wing Chun, but also Hung Gar and Shaolin steel ring training. Rattan ring training is very versatile, especially for the solo practitioner.
Tip: A good size Wing Chun Ring to use is one that is the length of your forearm.
We have had a few people ask recently about if we had any free Wing Chun Ring training. Currently, we have a growing collection of rattan ring exercises for our members, but thought we would do some short training tips for YouTube as well.
Watch Sifu Phu Ngo share a quick Wing Chun rattan ring training tip below:
This particular training drill is good for learning how to get forward pressure. If you are a member of Enter Shaolin you can review the lessons we released to you thus far below.
Wing Chun Ring Training Exercises:
- Introduction To Wing Chun Ring Training
- Ring Training | Gun Sao Quan Sao
- Ring Training | Using The Po Pai Technique
We have more steel ring training videos that we will be releasing to you soon. 🙂
Talk to you soon,
& The Enter Shaolin Family
P.S. If you love this training, you will really love the training we have for you inside of Enter Shaolin. You can join now by clicking this link.
- Enter Shaolin Seminar | Baltimore MD Seminar 2018 - April 20, 2018
- Abbot Request | How To Create Drive And Torque Together - April 11, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Taking Baby Steps - April 6, 2018
- Abbot Member Gil’s Training Critique | First Tai Chi Critique - April 6, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Getting Back Up On The Horse - March 30, 2018