In this short video we see the basic function of a Wing Chun Pak Sao
In Wing Chun Pak Sao is a common technique that you will find in all the families of Wing Chun.
Pak Sao means: Slap block
This technique is usually used to stop a straight punch coming at you or a cross punch.
Theoretically you could use a Wing Chun Pak Sao to stop some hook punches. With that being said there are better alternative techniques to stopping a hook punch and upper cuts.
Here at Enter Shaolin we focus on our wrist control when applying the Pak sao. Meaning that rather than just catching a punch with our Pak block we control the energy of the punch with our wrist.
Of course the exception is if someone is throwing a jab and they are retracting their strike. In which case we would close the distance on them.
When you join Enter Shaolin you gain access to our entire library of kung fu training videos. This means you will get instant access to hundreds of hours of online kung fu training.
If you like our youtube videos you will love the videos we created for you inside our membership.
What type of Wing Chun videos would you like to see?
- Enter Shaolin Updates | Finding Peace In The Storm, Seminar Info and Webinar Replay - May 26, 2017
- Exclusive Abbot Training | How To Get Out Of A Muay Thai Clinch - May 19, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | You Are Never Too Old To Learn New Things - May 12, 2017
- Exclusive Abbot Training | Follow Through After A Bear Hug - May 12, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | My Kung Fu Journey, Member Q&A and The Hammer Fist - April 28, 2017