In this kung Fu lesson Online Sifu Phu teaches you how to develop speed from your wrist. In order to achieve a faster punch you don’t want to develop your muscle you want to develop your tendons.
Tendons allow you to do fast jerky motions. Muscles are used to over come forces, tendons are used to hold and snap. So focus on your tendons when you want to get physically faster.
How do you get faster? You get faster through technique. You get faster by cutting away unwanted distance. The way that you want to develop speed is through the wrist. You don’t want to throw your punch from your shoulders.
A lot of styles want you to throw from the body and throw from the shoulders and that’s great if you want to get a lot of power and force. However to get the speed you want it through the wrist.
Newtons Second Law says:
” Acceleration is produced when a force acts on a mass. The greater the mass (of the object being accelerated) the greater the amount of force needed (to accelerate the object).”
We would love to hear how you do with this drill. Leave us a comment below and let us know.
- Enter Shaolin Update | Webinar Rescheduled & The Mystical World of Chi - March 24, 2017
- Abbot Member Bruce’s Follow Up Video Critique - March 10, 2017
- Protected: Members Critique | Abbot Member Nicholas | Private - March 10, 2017
- Hurfeish Israel Seminar 2016 - March 3, 2017
- Abbot Member Melani’s Critique | Pittsburgh Seminar Technique - February 10, 2017