In this kung Fu lesson Online Sifu Phu teaches you how to develop speed from your wrist. In order to achieve a faster punch you don’t want to develop your muscle you want to develop your tendons.
Tendons allow you to do fast jerky motions. Muscles are used to over come forces, tendons are used to hold and snap. So focus on your tendons when you want to get physically faster.
How do you get faster? You get faster through technique. You get faster by cutting away unwanted distance. The way that you want to develop speed is through the wrist. You don’t want to throw your punch from your shoulders.
A lot of styles want you to throw from the body and throw from the shoulders and that’s great if you want to get a lot of power and force. However to get the speed you want it through the wrist.
Newtons Second Law says:
” Acceleration is produced when a force acts on a mass. The greater the mass (of the object being accelerated) the greater the amount of force needed (to accelerate the object).”
We would love to hear how you do with this drill. Leave us a comment below and let us know.
- Enter Shaolin Updates | Finding Peace In The Storm, Seminar Info and Webinar Replay - May 26, 2017
- Exclusive Abbot Training | How To Get Out Of A Muay Thai Clinch - May 19, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | You Are Never Too Old To Learn New Things - May 12, 2017
- Exclusive Abbot Training | Follow Through After A Bear Hug - May 12, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | My Kung Fu Journey, Member Q&A and The Hammer Fist - April 28, 2017