Most martial artists want to know how to create powerful punches. When you land a punch, you want it to be as effective as possible, right!?
Maybe you have already been working on creating powerful punches, but haven’t been getting the results you expect. Sadly, there is a lot of disinformation about how to punch properly.
In the video you will be watching, Sifu Phu will share the secret to creating powerful strikes that will leave your opponent wondering what the heck just happened to them.
While there are many methods to create a powerful punch, Sifu has his own science on how to get your punches just right.
Keep these 3 things in mind and you will instantly see an increase in your punching power.
1. Connect these 6 points in your body:
2. Make sure that you are using rooting power.
3. You need to accelerate your strike. It has been my experience that lots of people strike incorrectly. If done properly, a good strike can stop a person in their tracks.
A word of caution: If you decide to practice your punches this way, when you are practicing with a partner, be careful. If you do this type of punch correctly the energy will feed into your opponent.
What that means is you won’t realize how powerful you are striking , however your practice partner will. More often the first time someone punches correctly they end up not realizing how hard their punch was as it seemed so effortless.
So take your time and try not to damage your training buddy. Remember if you beat up your training partners, you may end up not having anyone to train with. 😉
Watch how to create powerful punches below:
Let us know what you think of this lesson in the comments below. If you need any help, let us know there as well!
& The Enter Shaolin Family
- Exclusive Abbot Training | How To Get Out Of A Muay Thai Clinch - May 19, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | You Are Never Too Old To Learn New Things - May 12, 2017
- Exclusive Abbot Training | Follow Through After A Bear Hug - May 12, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | My Kung Fu Journey, Member Q&A and The Hammer Fist - April 28, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Member Q&A Replay, Overcoming Depression Plus Armbar Takedown - April 21, 2017