Stop The Tip And You Stop The Tail
In this short video Sifu reveals some golden nuggets of truth. I found this video sitting on my old video camera and I am glad I took the time to go back and organize my footage. I believe I recorded this one back in 2009. I am not sure why it never made it to our YouTube channel…
However, I figured I better share it with you!
I have often heard people from various ground fighting camps say that Kung Fu doesn’t work on resisting opponents. I know for a fact that part way through this video you can clearly see Bill (the guy being demonstrated on) stopped cooperating.
He was countering, while Sifu was giving a lesson. He got a little froggy as Jamie would say it. 😉 What is interesting is how even though Sifu was dealing with an uncooperative person, he still managed to control the situation while continuing to teach at the same time.
If you ask me… I’d say… That’s wild!
This video is also a good example of sending a person’s energy back into them. This is a very effective when dealing with bigger and/or stronger opponents.
- Enter Shaolin Update | Perseverance, Patience and Miracles - November 4, 2016
- Enter Shaolin Update | Growing Pains and The Next Phase of Ngo Dac Na 101 - October 21, 2016
- Exclusive Abbot Training – Throwing Proper Hook Punches & Upper Cuts - September 25, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/10/15 - July 10, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/03/15 - July 3, 2015