Hey Enter Shaolin family how are you doing? It’s me Larry, Jamie was covering for me the past 2 weeks while I was recovering from surgery. This is my second surgery on my left wrist. The first surgery I had was about 15 years ago.
About 2 years before my first surgery I hurt my wrist by punching incorrectly. I was punching a soft target and I don’t remember what happened, but I do remember my wrist bending in a way it’s not suppose to bend. Long story short the cyst came back and I dealt with it for about 3 years.
Normally these types of cyst are pretty harmless and don’t cause any pain. Due to the location of where my cyst was it caused me a lot of pain in my wrist. It made it difficult for me to do push ups and deflections among other things.
The moral of the story is simply: Take your time in your training. Push yourself hard but know your limits.
The doctor says that I won’t be able to fully use my wrist again for about 4 weeks. So it’s light duty for me.
Speaking of light duty… Here is what’s new at Enter Shaolin this week:
- Cross Arm Don Chi Sau
- Learn How To Circle Step
- Bil Gee Breakdown – Section 1
- (Solo Practice) Single Arm Control Drill
- ( Solo Practice ) Double Arm Control Training Drill
- Enter Shaolin Update | Perseverance, Patience and Miracles - November 4, 2016
- Enter Shaolin Update | Growing Pains and The Next Phase of Ngo Dac Na 101 - October 21, 2016
- Exclusive Abbot Training – Throwing Proper Hook Punches & Upper Cuts - September 25, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/10/15 - July 10, 2015
- Enter Shaolin Updates | What’s New This Week 07/03/15 - July 3, 2015