Hey family, how are you? I pray you and yours are well. 🙂
I know for many there is a lot going on this time of year. Some people get stressed and/or depressed for various reasons because there is a lot going on for many.
These things occur easily under the right conditions when you don’t have the proper systems in check to keep balanced so you can protect yourself regardless of what is going on around you.
My goal for 2016 is to create even more tools and systems in my day to day arsenal to keep me centered and connected. And while someone like Sifu Larry might look at me like I’m crazy for saying I must do more in this area of my life, because to him I am the healthiest person he knows…
Regardless, I know I can and will be healthier, so I keep learning, perfecting and growing. I will share more about this in my next training journal which will be out soon…
Just waiting for Sifu Larry to edit the film… Larry if you are reading this… HINT, HINT! 😉 The people want to see!
But enough about me, what about you? If you have been feeling stressed or depressed, what are you doing to address the root cause?
Here are 11 ways you can boost your health and life to conquer stress and depression:
- Start your day off right with proper sleep.
The more hours you can get in before 12am, the deeper your sleep will be and the better your body will repair/heal.
- Having a morning ritual.
Here is an example:– Set a time to wake up each morning.
– When you wake jump out of bed, don’t take your time.
– Splash your face with cold water or perform another cleansing ritual to awaken and refresh the mind and body.
– Pray and/or meditate, give gratitude and ask for strength and energy to handle whatever may come your way on this beautiful day.
– Do Qigong and/or Tai Chi, while doing so put on some meditation music or just bask in the silence.
– Drink a glass of room temperature water with half a lemon or lime squeezed to help waken up your digestive system and to cleanse.
– Read at least 15 pages of something positive and/or spiritual.
– Meditate on what you learned and if compelled journal about it.
- Aim to listen to at least 1 hour of motivational content a day.
– Listen to it when you are driving, working and/or exercising.
(Some of my favorites are, Les Brown, Dani Johnson, Wayne Dyer and Zig Ziglar.)
- Eat whole foods, meaning minimally to not processed foods.
– Skip the GMO’s and eat organic, especially when it comes to the dirty dozen here.
– Eat locally and seasonally.
– Avoid or limit hard to digest foods like starchy white potatoes and corn.
– When eating grains or beans, make sure they are soaked and or sprouted to make them easier to digest.
– Eat plenty of healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil and avocados.
– Limit meat intake to no more than once a day and choose local grass-fed animals whenever possible.
– Avoid pork, shellfish and any other scavenger/bottom feeders as they hold toxins since they are the garbage cleaners of the earth.
- Drink plenty of water.
– If you have city water, make sure to filter it.
– Living water like Spring water is the best, especially if you can find a local spring to source from yourself.
– If you don’t like water, try adding fruit wedges like lemon and lime to it.
– Ditch sodas, sugary tea and alcohol. If you choose to still have these do so sparingly and choose quality, natural ingredients.
- Make sure your gut is happy.
– Take a quality probiotic that is raw and at least 50 billion CFU.
– Eat a serving a day of probiotic rich foods such as organic whole fat yogurt that has “live and active cultures”, cultured coconut yogurt, kefir, pickles packed in brine, sauerkraut or kimchi.
– Limit sugar and avoid processed sugars.
- Exercise regularly.
– Create a schedule and stick to it, it can be 10 min a day, 15, 30, 45, etc.
– You can do it all at once or split it up throughout the day. Just do it!
– Use some of the C.O.R.E. training here to strengthen your tendons, muscles and body.
– Incorporate other activities you love that keep that body moving! Some examples are vigorous walking, jogging, biking, dancing or playing a sport.
– Take the time to stretch.
- Train regularly throughout the week.
– Go through your forms a few times a day, practice techniques, etc.
- Get outside more!
– Whether it is just relaxing outside, eating lunch outside, exercising outside, garden, playing with your children, grandchildren, friends, etc.
- Have a bedtime ritual.
Here’s an example:
– Be consistent with what time to get ready for bed.
– Keep things like modems/routers/computers out of the bedroom or at least turn them off if that isn’t possible right now.
– Keep your mobile phone off or on airplane mode.
– Write down all the things you want to accomplish the next day, so you get it out of your brain.
– Do Qigong with slow deep breaths. (Meditation music is great here too.)
– Pray and/or meditate.
– Use essential oils mixed with a carrier oil to rub on pulse points or use an oil diffuser instead.
– Still not sleepy? Turn off all the lights and put on some quiet meditation music to lull you to sleep.
- Having weekly or monthly rituals the mitigate stress and promote healing.
Some examples are:
– Take off one day a week to just rest like the 7th day
– Go to a Reiki practitioner
– Do yoga
– Get acupuncture, acupressure or reflexology
– See an Ayurvedic physician
– Get and/or give a massage
There’s plenty more you can do to build up your armor and toolbox to battle off stress, depression and anxiety. The list I gave you is just some of the many you can do to build a great foundation for your life.
It’s truly as simple as getting quality sleep, eating quality foods, drinking quality water, getting quality air and sunshine, moving your body, taking a day of rest, consuming motivational and/or spiritual knowledge so you put positive energy and thoughts in your mind and therefore your output reflects the same!
What are some of the things you do to stay happy and healthy? Share with me in the comments below…
Now on to your training…
Here’s Your New Enter Shaolin Training:
Ngo Dac Na
Blessings & Happy Training,
& The Enter Shaolin Family
- Enter Shaolin Update | Utilizing Qigong and Tai Chi to Weather The Storm - January 12, 2018
- Enter Shaolin Update | Mpower Conference Details Plus More Kung Fu Training - December 29, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Top 5 Kung Fu Movies and Kung Fu Books - December 22, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | 3 Ways To Boost Your Immune System + Webinar Replay - December 16, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Bitcoin, Affiliate Webinar & Other News - December 9, 2017