Hey family, Larry here with this week’s updates. It’s just started getting Summer hot around these parts. Which got me to thinking about how important it is to stay hydrated. Are you drinking enough water daily?
If you are one of those people who drink lots of coffee, juice, soda, wine, alcohol, etc., I highly recommend that you switch to just drinking water. You can even mix it up with some lemon, lime or other fruits to flavor it or even have some herbal tea.
Water is as important as oxygen. It’s a fact that most people are generally not drinking enough water on a regular basis. Maybe you don’t like drinking water, that’s okay I wasn’t much of a water drinker myself about 10 years ago. Jamie on the other hand has always loved water. She even use to ask for it instead of the soda her parents would offer. Not all of us feel the same about water and that’s okay. However, regardless if you love water or not, your body needs it.
It wasn’t till I started reading about all the health benefits of drinking water that I decided to take the plunge.
Now I don’t really drink anything else but water. I enjoy some coffee in the morning, some herbal tea here and there and if I am eating out, I get an unsweetened ice tea. But regardless of the day, I am always drinking water. I prefer fresh squeezed lemon in mine or a really good alkaline water.
Even if you already drink water regularly it’s important to know, if you are getting enough.
Here is a simple formula to follow:
I certainly can feel all the healthy effects from staying properly hydrated throughout the day. If you are already drinking enough water a day that’s great! If you are not, it would benefit your training & health tremendously if you start.
Here are some health benefits to staying hydrated:
- Staying hydrated increases your energy and helps relieve fatigue.
- Drinking more water has helped many lose weight and others to maintain their weight.
- Curbs your appetite, especially when you drink a glad 15-30 minutes before eating a meal.
- Drinking water helps to flush out toxins through urine and sweat.
- Staying hydrated has been known to help clear problem skin and to keeps the skin moisturized.
- Water drinkers get a boost to their immune system and therefor get sick less than others.
- Water lubricates your joints and helps your muscles be more elastic.
- Switching to drinking more water can save lots of money, which helps reduce stress. 😉
And that is just scratching the surface!
So what about you? Are you drinking enough water? Do you like water? If no, are you at least willing to making some changes for the next 90 days to see how it can help you? Let us know, in the comments at the end of this post.
Other than that, how is your training going? Do you need any help? If so, please let us know. 🙂
Here’s Your New Enter Shaolin Training:
First up, we got last months webinar uploaded for you. You can watch the video here: Webinar Replay | The Complete Sil Lum Tao Breakdown Part 5
Ngo Dac Na
- Solo Training Drill – Torquing The Body
- Solo Training Drill | 3 Kicks | Train Your Stability, Balance And Control
Talk to you soon!
& The Enter Shaolin Family
- Enter Shaolin Update | Are You In It To Win It? - July 21, 2017
- I Want To Know How To Learn Kung Fu - July 18, 2017
- Wing Chun Training Online | Chum Kiu | Basic Understanding Of Closed Bridge To Open Bridge - June 26, 2017
- Enter Shaolin Update | Why It’s Easy To Make Time To Train IF You Change Your Mindset - June 23, 2017
- Abbot Member Bruce’s Training Critique | Refining His Tai Chi - June 9, 2017