Hey family, we are officially on Slack for our Enter Shaolin community!
We really wanted to keep everything on site, but that’s just not working out to be in the budget as we’ve tried the gamut of free to paid plugins since we opened in May 2014 and while they’ve all had their pluses and minuses… Most of them slowed our site down or didn’t work 100% properly or worse yet both!
Even after fixing the old chat, some Abbots were still not able to get in. So it was time to go!
Since we don’t have 15k+ to shell out for a custom app yet… It’s Slack to the rescue (per several Abbot members’ request)!
We have been using Slack with other services we use for their community/support and one thing is for sure, Slack just works and is stable.
So while it isn’t ideal to take you off site for a chat, moving to Slack for our member community will allow us to do things like this:
- @mentions meaning you can tag another person to let them in on what you are saying or to reply to them.
They will get notified, this makes engaging with each other much easier!
- You can set reminders to go back to a message that you want to check out later.
- You can star important messages to make it easier to find useful information later.
- You can ‘like’ a message by using a reaction to evoke your emotion about the post.
- You can share a message with another member.
- You can private chat with other members via the direct message option.
- If we share blog posts or videos with you, it will show a preview making it easier to scan material to see if it is of interest to you.
- There are apps for mobile users and desktop apps too, see more about those here: https://slack.com/downloads
So how do you join this new community? Simple, just email me right here.
To get the info on how to join plus the basics to get started with Slack watch this video:
We are keeping this community private for Enter Shaolin members only to make it more of a fruitful and engaging community. There is a private channel aka chat section for Abbot members only still like the previous and we even added a way for everyone to find a partner. There’s a lot less going on and we may add a few more channels aka categories in, maybe like training inspiration or something cool where we can all share pics, videos, etc. about our Kung Fu journey. Let me know if that sounds cool to you.
And if you want an invite make sure to email me too!
Oh and one more thing, I will be integrating a new live support chat for the site, that will be out by mid next week. 😉
Now on to your training…
Here’s Your New Enter Shaolin Training:
Ngo Dac Na
Ngo Dac Na Seminars
Blessings & Happy Training,
& The Enter Shaolin Family